On his recently-featured, reader-acclaimed debut single, Bullet made the shocking revelation that he was no ordinary rapper, but a “cyborg Martian maniac” programmed to craft killer jams and put the moves on Earth girls. Which raises that oft-discussed question: can a robot ever truly love? Well, wonder no longer—on That Girl, a track off his recently-released Home Alone mixtape, the Booth favorite shows that not even a cybernetically-enhanced superbeing is immune to a special lady’s charms. As Bullet spits his starstruck bars, up-and-coming hip-hop/production duo Christian Rich provide moral support both on the mic and behind the boards; in addition to contributing some catchy chorus vocals, they deliver a synth-driven instrumental that, though a little more chilled-out than Bullet’s work with Slot A, perfectly captures the futuristic sound that has become the Chi-town buzzmaker’s trademark. Those digging this space-age ladies’ jam should keep it locked to our front page; Bullet will be stepping into the Booth for an exclusive interview in late July, and Christian Rich are set to contribute to our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series sometime in the next few months.
Written by richard on 07/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It ft. Chuck Inglish" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.