On his recently-featured, reader-acclaimed debut single, Bullet made the shocking revelation that he was no ordinary rapper, but a “cyborg Martian maniac” programmed to craft killer jams and put the moves on Earth girls. Which raises that oft-discussed question: can a robot ever truly love? Well, wonder no longer—on That Girl, a track off his recently-released Home Alone mixtape, the Booth favorite shows that not even a cybernetically-enhanced superbeing is immune to a special lady’s charms. As Bullet spits his starstruck bars, up-and-coming hip-hop/production duo Christian Rich provide moral support both on the mic and behind the boards; in addition to contributing some catchy chorus vocals, they deliver a synth-driven instrumental that, though a little more chilled-out than Bullet’s work with Slot A, perfectly captures the futuristic sound that has become the Chi-town buzzmaker’s trademark. Those digging this space-age ladies’ jam should keep it locked to our front page; Bullet will be stepping into the Booth for an exclusive interview in late July, and Christian Rich are set to contribute to our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series sometime in the next few months.
Written by richard on 07/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It ft. Chuck Inglish" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.