Don’t let his name fool you; Bullet is by no means a “gangsta rapper.” Call him a “hipster emcee” if you’d like (joining current trendsetters The Cool Kids and Mickey Factz), but this Chicago native merely wants to bring hip hop Back to the Lyrics. Thanks to countless similes and a crazy artistic flow, the album’s first single, Get It, might be the indicator that Bullet is ready to shoot. Joining forces to show their hometown is united; Cool Kids member Chuck Inglish provides his seal of approval with contributions on the beat and intro/outro vocals. While underground/indie hip-hop fans will undoubtedly be all over Get It, even those who complain that this is “not (their) type of music” will most likely respect Bullet’s skills. Back to the Lyrics is set to drop on July 29.
Written by Burmy on 06/16/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.