Don’t let his name fool you; Bullet is by no means a “gangsta rapper.” Call him a “hipster emcee” if you’d like (joining current trendsetters The Cool Kids and Mickey Factz), but this Chicago native merely wants to bring hip hop Back to the Lyrics. Thanks to countless similes and a crazy artistic flow, the album’s first single, Get It, might be the indicator that Bullet is ready to shoot. Joining forces to show their hometown is united; Cool Kids member Chuck Inglish provides his seal of approval with contributions on the beat and intro/outro vocals. While underground/indie hip-hop fans will undoubtedly be all over Get It, even those who complain that this is “not (their) type of music” will most likely respect Bullet’s skills. Back to the Lyrics is set to drop on July 29.
Written by Burmy on 06/16/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.