Can romance blossom between a Martian and a robot? Apparently, the answer is yes – and, said Martian can apparently break said robot’s heart. On unreleased cut Doing Alright (Ode to My Martian), cybernetic emcee Bullet takes a break from his trademark dancefloor-scorchers to craft a reflective, elegiac breakup jam. Backed by a somber, Bartendaz-produced beat driven by buzzing synth-bass and bubbling arpeggios, the emcee addresses an out-of-this-world ex-girl he just can’t seem to get over. Where other artists would stick to vague universals, Bullet packs his rhymes with vivid, real detail, recalling everything from to the drive home after their first date to an evening spent watching Norbit at her crib (romantic, right?). Topped off with a lightly Auto-Tuned chorus by C Rich, this track isn’t set for inclusion on any forthcoming project, but fans won’t have to wait long to hear more new material from Bullet – the Chi-town native’s hotly-anticipated Mr. Robotic EP, featuring the reader-acclaimed title track and much more, is nearing completion.
Written by richard on 10/15/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It ft. Chuck Inglish" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)