Can romance blossom between a Martian and a robot? Apparently, the answer is yes – and, said Martian can apparently break said robot’s heart. On unreleased cut Doing Alright (Ode to My Martian), cybernetic emcee Bullet takes a break from his trademark dancefloor-scorchers to craft a reflective, elegiac breakup jam. Backed by a somber, Bartendaz-produced beat driven by buzzing synth-bass and bubbling arpeggios, the emcee addresses an out-of-this-world ex-girl he just can’t seem to get over. Where other artists would stick to vague universals, Bullet packs his rhymes with vivid, real detail, recalling everything from to the drive home after their first date to an evening spent watching Norbit at her crib (romantic, right?). Topped off with a lightly Auto-Tuned chorus by C Rich, this track isn’t set for inclusion on any forthcoming project, but fans won’t have to wait long to hear more new material from Bullet – the Chi-town native’s hotly-anticipated Mr. Robotic EP, featuring the reader-acclaimed title track and much more, is nearing completion.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It ft. Chuck Inglish" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.