To serious reggae fanatics, Buju Banton needs no introduction—he’s already reached legendary status. The veteran’s ninth studio album, finds him returning to his conscious roots as he describes the sociopolitical struggles that pervade life in his home country. On newly-released single Bedtime Story (inspired by the similarly-named Slick Rick classic), Buju and guest feature Wyclef Jean encounter a young boy whose father was killed in a street shooting. Feeling for the child’s suffering, the collaborators decide to raise him in his daddy’s absence, teaching him to support his widowed mother, and, of course, telling him stories in the evenings. With the help of Buju’s smooth guitar stylings and soft, heartfelt vocals, the boy should have no trouble falling asleep from this day forward. For more from the reggae legend, pick up a copy of Rasta Got Soul, which was released back in April.
Written by Burmy on 06/17/09
Submit your Rating
Gargamel Music, Inc.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)