In a bonus track off 1993’s Doggystyle, Snoop posed the question of ‘G’z versus hoes, coming down firmly on the “G” side of the equation. On Booth newcomer Bugus’ G’s Up Hoes Down, the ATLien introduces a new wrinkle to the argument—he’s still in the “G” camp but, as the 18-year-old emcee explains over Russ’ fresh sample work (Where have I heard that whistling before?), he understands the letter to stand for “Girls.” This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project but, as always, those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked for all the latest from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 07/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Slow Down Time" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)