In a bonus track off 1993’s Doggystyle, Snoop posed the question of ‘G’z versus hoes, coming down firmly on the “G” side of the equation. On Booth newcomer Bugus’ G’s Up Hoes Down, the ATLien introduces a new wrinkle to the argument—he’s still in the “G” camp but, as the 18-year-old emcee explains over Russ’ fresh sample work (Where have I heard that whistling before?), he understands the letter to stand for “Girls.” This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project but, as always, those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked for all the latest from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 07/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Slow Down Time" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.