In a bonus track off 1993’s Doggystyle, Snoop posed the question of ‘G’z versus hoes, coming down firmly on the “G” side of the equation. On Booth newcomer Bugus’ G’s Up Hoes Down, the ATLien introduces a new wrinkle to the argument—he’s still in the “G” camp but, as the 18-year-old emcee explains over Russ’ fresh sample work (Where have I heard that whistling before?), he understands the letter to stand for “Girls.” This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project but, as always, those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked for all the latest from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 07/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Slow Down Time" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.