Here in the Booth, we feature a cavalcade of high-caliber cuts every day, but how many of ‘em are truly dope enough to leave listeners spellbound? To answer my own rhetorical question, not very many. On Bugus‘s latest single, however, the DIEMON Records signee takes the opportunity to try out a little Black Magic, and the result is downright bewitching. Russ, this week’s “Top Prospect,” mans the boards on this moody cut, crafting a spare, minor-key guitar backdrop to back the headliner as he chronicles his life struggles in mournful, sing-song verses. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Black Magic isn’t currently attached to any larger project, but we’ll keep you posted as we learn more about Bugus’ plans.
Written by richard on 07/25/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"G's Up, Hoes Down" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.