On Bugus’ last feature, he pondered a question first posed by the immortal Tupac Shakur, wondering “Is there heaven for a G?” While his latest promo single, 187, draws its name from the section of the California penal code dealing with homicide (By way of Dre and Snoop, of course), I’m happy to say the Atlanta rhymesayer won’t be finding out the answer to that question anytime soon. In fact, the only thing getting killed here is DIEMON labelmate Russ’ dreamy synth-vocal beat, which Bugus laces with complex bars detailing his determination to succeed and his love for the Buddha. (That’s the weed strain, not the bodhisattva.) This understated, lyrically on-point street banger isn’t attached to any larger project, but those digging it can download their very own copy free of charge via DIEMON Records’ official site.
Written by richard on 09/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"G's Up, Hoes Down" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.