In a genre obsessed with the trappings of wealth, no two artists love their luxury goods more than Siroc-hocking rap mogul Diddy and Panhandle State heavyweight Rick “Ricky Rozay” Ross (well, OK, Kanye‘s up there too). Now, the high-rollers’ affection for all things pricey and ostentatious has brought them together as a duo – and, appropriately, they’ve named themselves after a car brand that nearly no one can afford. The Bugatti Boys’ debut single, Another One, can be summed up in a single phrase: “never enough.” Backed by Lil’ Lody‘s icy synths and handclap-infused percussion, the Boys make clear that no amount of cash or material goods will ever leave them content. Sean Combs in particular does his part to blur the line between art and commerce: “These haters speculatin’, they always watchin’ mine / She know what time it is, just like my watch line / My clothes line, cologne, b*tch…” Is this cut as powerful and finely-tuned as the automobiles from which the Bugatti Boys take their name? If you think so, keep it locked – it has yet to be announced what project this joint will be attached to, but we’ll keep you up to date.
Written by richard on 10/3/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.