Quick history lesson: The Fontainebleu in France is essentially the satellite for Paris. Home to the Chateau de Fountaineblu, which was the birthplace of many kings of France, it’s a place where people of royal aspirations feel perfectly at home. How does this relate to Diddy and Rick Ross? Well, it’s the perfect setting for the high-rollers to expound upon their lavish and luxurious lifestyles. The smoothness of Fountaine Bleau, from the Bugatti Boyz’ upcoming debut, is layered deep by The Olympicks’ production: staggered drums and breezy piano strikes that bring a 90s R&B feel to the cut. Diddy’s usual slick talk dominates ( “I speak softly when I talk to the hoes.”) and, while each verse only logs about fifty seconds’ worth of airtime, the Bad Boy mogul arguably overstays his welcome, lacing the back end with an extended series of ad-libs. I understand Diddy managing Ross’ career shapes plenty of his rapping aspirations, especially his subject matter on this particular track, but it’s nothing we haven’t all heard before. There might not be a set release date for the Bugatti Boyz debut album but, rest assured, Diddy will tell you a million times when it finally arrives.
Written by Brando on 10/24/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.