Quick history lesson: The Fontainebleu in France is essentially the satellite for Paris. Home to the Chateau de Fountaineblu, which was the birthplace of many kings of France, it’s a place where people of royal aspirations feel perfectly at home. How does this relate to Diddy and Rick Ross? Well, it’s the perfect setting for the high-rollers to expound upon their lavish and luxurious lifestyles. The smoothness of Fountaine Bleau, from the Bugatti Boyz’ upcoming debut, is layered deep by The Olympicks’ production: staggered drums and breezy piano strikes that bring a 90s R&B feel to the cut. Diddy’s usual slick talk dominates ( “I speak softly when I talk to the hoes.”) and, while each verse only logs about fifty seconds’ worth of airtime, the Bad Boy mogul arguably overstays his welcome, lacing the back end with an extended series of ad-libs. I understand Diddy managing Ross’ career shapes plenty of his rapping aspirations, especially his subject matter on this particular track, but it’s nothing we haven’t all heard before. There might not be a set release date for the Bugatti Boyz debut album but, rest assured, Diddy will tell you a million times when it finally arrives.
Written by Brando on 10/24/10
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.