Quick history lesson: The Fontainebleu in France is essentially the satellite for Paris. Home to the Chateau de Fountaineblu, which was the birthplace of many kings of France, it’s a place where people of royal aspirations feel perfectly at home. How does this relate to Diddy and Rick Ross? Well, it’s the perfect setting for the high-rollers to expound upon their lavish and luxurious lifestyles. The smoothness of Fountaine Bleau, from the Bugatti Boyz’ upcoming debut, is layered deep by The Olympicks’ production: staggered drums and breezy piano strikes that bring a 90s R&B feel to the cut. Diddy’s usual slick talk dominates ( “I speak softly when I talk to the hoes.”) and, while each verse only logs about fifty seconds’ worth of airtime, the Bad Boy mogul arguably overstays his welcome, lacing the back end with an extended series of ad-libs. I understand Diddy managing Ross’ career shapes plenty of his rapping aspirations, especially his subject matter on this particular track, but it’s nothing we haven’t all heard before. There might not be a set release date for the Bugatti Boyz debut album but, rest assured, Diddy will tell you a million times when it finally arrives.
Written by Brando on 10/24/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.