Like friends, significant others, and just about any other type of individual you might encounter in life, fans aren’t all created equal—some are fakes seeking cachet by association, others are novelty-seekers who will split as soon as the next big thing comes along, and a precious few are truly loyal. On his latest single, Jamall Bufford (formerly known as Buff1) tallies up the people he considers to fit into that final category, and comes up with an impressive figure: 10,000 true fans. The artist’s first release since 2010 (his last DJBooth feature was freestyle series entry Get Money, Have Fun), the lead single off the Ann Arbor rhymesayer’s next LP finds him offering his heartfelt thanks to the listeners who have stuck with him through his extended hiatus, backed by the headphone-ready sample work of 14KT. Are you one of those 10,000? Then you’ll most definitely want to watch the Booth for further song releases leading up to the emcee’s as yet-unscheduled new project.
Written by richard on 12/4/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When the Winter Comes" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.