Didn’t get enough sugar on Valentine’s Day (or, for my fellow singletons, the post-Valentine’s candy clearances)? Bueno‘s got you covered. The up-and-coming emcee’s first Booth feature is as sweet as a whole damn box of drugstore chocolates – and considerably less fattening. Newly-released promo cut Dat Good epitomizes “bubblegum-pop,” with The Stereotypes serving up an addictive blend of minimal percussion and arpeggiated synths as the Sacramento native showers his girl with colorful compliments. Sugary metaphors dominate (“You know I’m a fiend for that peaches and cream.”), but Bueno doesn’t hesitate to veer off-topic for a choice line like, “We’re like copilots; we fly together.” In addition to contributing a smooth chorus, Harlem Boy Lil Eddie takes center stage on the heavily-AutoTuned closing verse, snacking on cookies, gum and other sweets as he asks a special shawty to be his “flavor of the month.” So readers, does Bueno live up to his stage name? If you think he really is Dat Good, keep it locked – though this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, we’ll be sure to bring you all the latest from this pop-savvy Californian.
Listen to More: Bueno
Written by richard on 02/27/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.