Didn’t get enough sugar on Valentine’s Day (or, for my fellow singletons, the post-Valentine’s candy clearances)? Bueno‘s got you covered. The up-and-coming emcee’s first Booth feature is as sweet as a whole damn box of drugstore chocolates – and considerably less fattening. Newly-released promo cut Dat Good epitomizes “bubblegum-pop,” with The Stereotypes serving up an addictive blend of minimal percussion and arpeggiated synths as the Sacramento native showers his girl with colorful compliments. Sugary metaphors dominate (“You know I’m a fiend for that peaches and cream.”), but Bueno doesn’t hesitate to veer off-topic for a choice line like, “We’re like copilots; we fly together.” In addition to contributing a smooth chorus, Harlem Boy Lil Eddie takes center stage on the heavily-AutoTuned closing verse, snacking on cookies, gum and other sweets as he asks a special shawty to be his “flavor of the month.” So readers, does Bueno live up to his stage name? If you think he really is Dat Good, keep it locked – though this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, we’ll be sure to bring you all the latest from this pop-savvy Californian.
Written by richard on 02/27/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)