Didn’t get enough sugar on Valentine’s Day (or, for my fellow singletons, the post-Valentine’s candy clearances)? Bueno‘s got you covered. The up-and-coming emcee’s first Booth feature is as sweet as a whole damn box of drugstore chocolates – and considerably less fattening. Newly-released promo cut Dat Good epitomizes “bubblegum-pop,” with The Stereotypes serving up an addictive blend of minimal percussion and arpeggiated synths as the Sacramento native showers his girl with colorful compliments. Sugary metaphors dominate (“You know I’m a fiend for that peaches and cream.”), but Bueno doesn’t hesitate to veer off-topic for a choice line like, “We’re like copilots; we fly together.” In addition to contributing a smooth chorus, Harlem Boy Lil Eddie takes center stage on the heavily-AutoTuned closing verse, snacking on cookies, gum and other sweets as he asks a special shawty to be his “flavor of the month.” So readers, does Bueno live up to his stage name? If you think he really is Dat Good, keep it locked – though this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, we’ll be sure to bring you all the latest from this pop-savvy Californian.
Written by richard on 02/27/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.