Didn’t get enough sugar on Valentine’s Day (or, for my fellow singletons, the post-Valentine’s candy clearances)? Bueno‘s got you covered. The up-and-coming emcee’s first Booth feature is as sweet as a whole damn box of drugstore chocolates – and considerably less fattening. Newly-released promo cut Dat Good epitomizes “bubblegum-pop,” with The Stereotypes serving up an addictive blend of minimal percussion and arpeggiated synths as the Sacramento native showers his girl with colorful compliments. Sugary metaphors dominate (“You know I’m a fiend for that peaches and cream.”), but Bueno doesn’t hesitate to veer off-topic for a choice line like, “We’re like copilots; we fly together.” In addition to contributing a smooth chorus, Harlem Boy Lil Eddie takes center stage on the heavily-AutoTuned closing verse, snacking on cookies, gum and other sweets as he asks a special shawty to be his “flavor of the month.” So readers, does Bueno live up to his stage name? If you think he really is Dat Good, keep it locked – though this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, we’ll be sure to bring you all the latest from this pop-savvy Californian.
Written by richard on 02/27/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.