No, Buddy‘s latest feature is not a tribute to the men who brought us You Got It (The Right Stuff), I’ll Be Loving You Forever and other late-‘80s/early-‘90s pop hits. The Kids on the Block the artist’s concerned with on his latest single are the ones coming up in the streets of his native Compton. Making its exclusive world premiere on our front page, this cut finds Buddy lacing a low-key Polyester production with advice and encouragement for young’ns in his hood. After the headliner’s said his piece, Indiana mainstay Freddie Gibbs grabs the mic for a masterfully-flowed closing 16. While Buddy remains close with Pharrell‘s camp, he’s parted ways with Star Trak and is currently unsigned. Keep it locked to the Booth for the latest on the newly-independent emcee’s plans, including details on the February 25, release of the long-delayed Idle Time LP.
Written by richard on 02/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.