No, Buddy‘s latest feature is not a tribute to the men who brought us You Got It (The Right Stuff), I’ll Be Loving You Forever and other late-‘80s/early-‘90s pop hits. The Kids on the Block the artist’s concerned with on his latest single are the ones coming up in the streets of his native Compton. Making its exclusive world premiere on our front page, this cut finds Buddy lacing a low-key Polyester production with advice and encouragement for young’ns in his hood. After the headliner’s said his piece, Indiana mainstay Freddie Gibbs grabs the mic for a masterfully-flowed closing 16. While Buddy remains close with Pharrell‘s camp, he’s parted ways with Star Trak and is currently unsigned. Keep it locked to the Booth for the latest on the newly-independent emcee’s plans, including details on the February 25, release of the long-delayed Idle Time LP.
Written by richard on 02/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.