As the cliché goes, you always regret the things you didn’t do more than the things you did. Which is to say, if you have a big dream—be it making a name for yourself in the rap game, striking up a conversation with your crush, or building the world’s largest ball of twine—quit Weighting for the perfect opportunity and simply take that first step. Yes, “weighting;” on his debut single and first Booth feature, singer/songwriter Buddy James showcases a musical style as creative as his spelling, and plenty of passion to beat. Over The Pack member Young L‘s delicate piano loops and clattering breakbeat, the Newbury Park crooner pleads with a special girl to stop dragging her feet and take a chance on him. In addition to handling production duties, L grabs the mic to apply James’ carpe diem philosophy to his professional ambitions, and Philly-repping Booth fave Gilbere Forte’ brings the cut to a strong finish, inviting us to “watch [his] kite fly.” in a vividly poetic closing 16. Need more Buddy James in your life? You won’t have to
wait long; in addition to keeping it locked for the latest tunes from the Cali repper, fans can look forward to an official video for this joint in the near future.
Written by richard on 10/13/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.