It’s been a long winter for all of America, from Chicago to Atlanta and everywhere in between. Perhaps that’s why we’re starting to hear songs that reflect the residual effects of “Cuffin’ Season” that comes into play when cold weather hits. First, we had a smitten Lloyd Banks with I Don’t Deserve You and now Joe Budden is professing that he’s Tipsy for his dream girl in his latest stand alone single, available for download on iTunes. Budden is mum on the identity of this dream girl, but he describes her in great detail with vocal assists from Jay Townsend and Emanny. Not only is she a Fantasy Football fanatic on Sundays, she’s with him at the strip club tipping the dancers. No wonder the hook proclaims “Baby I’m tipsy, so let’s stay love drunk” - it sounds like Joe Budden has a winner in his corner. Whether Ms. Dreamy actually exists or not is irrelevant, Joe Budden is just enjoying being tipsy off those love endorphins. We’ll see how things fare when the weather warms up - perhaps Mr. Budden will change his tune once again.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 01/25/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.