While his peers religiously watched their Saturday morning cartoons, Kid Capri was starting off his DJ career at that ripe old age of… 8? Having produced for the likes of KRS-One, Big L, Quincy Jones, and CL Smooth, the Bronx native is hoping to kick-start the careers of a few future legends with his own label, No Kid’n Records. The first signee is longtime friend and fellow Bronx native Budda Early, who is hoping his ten-year grind will finally come to shine thanks to his upcoming Capri-hosted mixtape, The Treatment. Set to be included is the throwback club banger, Go Crazy, which has Budda hitting the club, hoping to pull a female home by night’s end. Take note of Kid Capri’s rather unique hypeman-inspired hook and the production from Wicz. So, will Budda Early ever reach the status of Capri’s former clients? Only time will tell…
Written by Burmy on 09/8/08
Submit your Rating
No Kid'n Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.