While his peers religiously watched their Saturday morning cartoons, Kid Capri was starting off his DJ career at that ripe old age of… 8? Having produced for the likes of KRS-One, Big L, Quincy Jones, and CL Smooth, the Bronx native is hoping to kick-start the careers of a few future legends with his own label, No Kid’n Records. The first signee is longtime friend and fellow Bronx native Budda Early, who is hoping his ten-year grind will finally come to shine thanks to his upcoming Capri-hosted mixtape, The Treatment. Set to be included is the throwback club banger, Go Crazy, which has Budda hitting the club, hoping to pull a female home by night’s end. Take note of Kid Capri’s rather unique hypeman-inspired hook and the production from Wicz. So, will Budda Early ever reach the status of Capri’s former clients? Only time will tell…
Written by Burmy on 09/8/08
Submit your Rating
No Kid'n Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.