Brooklyn mainstay Buckshot is such a talented rhymesayer that even his interviews sound dope over a beat. Don’t believe me? Well, prepare to eat your words, because that’s exactly what happens on his latest single. Majors vs. Minors documents a debate between Buck and program director Ebro Darden that played out over the course of two 2013 interviews on Hot 97. Project collaborator P-Money mans the boards, slicing and dicing the interlocutors’ comments on the state of the music industry, and adding a dash of Auto-Tune. On the back, the emcee grabs the mic to send us off with an original, rapped verse. An unknown director’s visuals round out the package. BackPack Travels is slated to drop June 24, via Duck Down, at which point it will also be available for streaming and purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 06/19/14
Submit your Rating
Duck Down Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go All Out ft. Carlitta Durand" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.