Brooklyn mainstay Buckshot is such a talented rhymesayer that even his interviews sound dope over a beat. Don’t believe me? Well, prepare to eat your words, because that’s exactly what happens on his latest single. Majors vs. Minors documents a debate between Buck and program director Ebro Darden that played out over the course of two 2013 interviews on Hot 97. Project collaborator P-Money mans the boards, slicing and dicing the interlocutors’ comments on the state of the music industry, and adding a dash of Auto-Tune. On the back, the emcee grabs the mic to send us off with an original, rapped verse. An unknown director’s visuals round out the package. BackPack Travels is slated to drop June 24, via Duck Down, at which point it will also be available for streaming and purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 06/19/14
Submit your Rating
Duck Down Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go All Out ft. Carlitta Durand" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)