The stage name Bubble Geese may scream “eccentric,” but not even the most unconventional artists would think to write a record that’s all about shopping for wigs… would they? Yes. Yes, they would – Wig Shop, the Booth debut from East Coast rapper-producers Keytee C. and Jackie Rabinowitz, finds the duo flowing about the vast variety of hair prostheses on the market… that and, tangentially, the joys of crossdressing. Once you’ve had a chance to wrap your head around the wigged-out concept, your confusion will likely give way to admiration; the duo’s bouncy boardwork is eminently head-noddable, and the Geese lace the beat with complex, often hilarious rhymes: “Beauty-shop gossiping, sideswept bangs and asymmetrical like Kate Gosselin – I’m straight rockin’ it. / With the fauxhawk, mohawk, romance and slow talk, high weave; wigs used to be owned by Chris Reeves.” While I doubt that this joint will have Boothgoers running to purchase toupees, it very well may persuade heads with a taste for absurdist wit to download the Geese’s All the DJ’s Want to Feel My Breasts, Vol. 2 mixtape, out now online.
Written by richard on 10/6/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Christian Slater" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.