The stage name Bubble Geese may scream “eccentric,” but not even the most unconventional artists would think to write a record that’s all about shopping for wigs… would they? Yes. Yes, they would – Wig Shop, the Booth debut from East Coast rapper-producers Keytee C. and Jackie Rabinowitz, finds the duo flowing about the vast variety of hair prostheses on the market… that and, tangentially, the joys of crossdressing. Once you’ve had a chance to wrap your head around the wigged-out concept, your confusion will likely give way to admiration; the duo’s bouncy boardwork is eminently head-noddable, and the Geese lace the beat with complex, often hilarious rhymes: “Beauty-shop gossiping, sideswept bangs and asymmetrical like Kate Gosselin – I’m straight rockin’ it. / With the fauxhawk, mohawk, romance and slow talk, high weave; wigs used to be owned by Chris Reeves.” While I doubt that this joint will have Boothgoers running to purchase toupees, it very well may persuade heads with a taste for absurdist wit to download the Geese’s All the DJ’s Want to Feel My Breasts, Vol. 2 mixtape, out now online.
Written by richard on 10/6/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Christian Slater" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)