The stage name Bubble Geese may scream “eccentric,” but not even the most unconventional artists would think to write a record that’s all about shopping for wigs… would they? Yes. Yes, they would – Wig Shop, the Booth debut from East Coast rapper-producers Keytee C. and Jackie Rabinowitz, finds the duo flowing about the vast variety of hair prostheses on the market… that and, tangentially, the joys of crossdressing. Once you’ve had a chance to wrap your head around the wigged-out concept, your confusion will likely give way to admiration; the duo’s bouncy boardwork is eminently head-noddable, and the Geese lace the beat with complex, often hilarious rhymes: “Beauty-shop gossiping, sideswept bangs and asymmetrical like Kate Gosselin – I’m straight rockin’ it. / With the fauxhawk, mohawk, romance and slow talk, high weave; wigs used to be owned by Chris Reeves.” While I doubt that this joint will have Boothgoers running to purchase toupees, it very well may persuade heads with a taste for absurdist wit to download the Geese’s All the DJ’s Want to Feel My Breasts, Vol. 2 mixtape, out now online.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Christian Slater" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.