The stage name Bubble Geese may scream “eccentric,” but not even the most unconventional artists would think to write a record that’s all about shopping for wigs… would they? Yes. Yes, they would – Wig Shop, the Booth debut from East Coast rapper-producers Keytee C. and Jackie Rabinowitz, finds the duo flowing about the vast variety of hair prostheses on the market… that and, tangentially, the joys of crossdressing. Once you’ve had a chance to wrap your head around the wigged-out concept, your confusion will likely give way to admiration; the duo’s bouncy boardwork is eminently head-noddable, and the Geese lace the beat with complex, often hilarious rhymes: “Beauty-shop gossiping, sideswept bangs and asymmetrical like Kate Gosselin – I’m straight rockin’ it. / With the fauxhawk, mohawk, romance and slow talk, high weave; wigs used to be owned by Chris Reeves.” While I doubt that this joint will have Boothgoers running to purchase toupees, it very well may persuade heads with a taste for absurdist wit to download the Geese’s All the DJ’s Want to Feel My Breasts, Vol. 2 mixtape, out now online.
Written by richard on 10/6/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Christian Slater" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.