The stage name Bubble Geese may scream “eccentric,” but not even the most unconventional artists would think to write a record that’s all about shopping for wigs… would they? Yes. Yes, they would – Wig Shop, the Booth debut from East Coast rapper-producers Keytee C. and Jackie Rabinowitz, finds the duo flowing about the vast variety of hair prostheses on the market… that and, tangentially, the joys of crossdressing. Once you’ve had a chance to wrap your head around the wigged-out concept, your confusion will likely give way to admiration; the duo’s bouncy boardwork is eminently head-noddable, and the Geese lace the beat with complex, often hilarious rhymes: “Beauty-shop gossiping, sideswept bangs and asymmetrical like Kate Gosselin – I’m straight rockin’ it. / With the fauxhawk, mohawk, romance and slow talk, high weave; wigs used to be owned by Chris Reeves.” While I doubt that this joint will have Boothgoers running to purchase toupees, it very well may persuade heads with a taste for absurdist wit to download the Geese’s All the DJ’s Want to Feel My Breasts, Vol. 2 mixtape, out now online.
Written by richard on 10/6/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Christian Slater" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.