While I can’t say I was familair with Bubble Geese, or much of Christian Slater‘s film work, before today I do know is that the stand out single from their album #foamparty is one that I can definitely vibe too. Produced by duo member Jacky P, Slater starts off with some high pitched melodic bells that slowly kicks into a late 80’s/early 90’s snare and bass combo and a bass line that matches the melody of the chorus. With a catchy hook that will have you singing along by the second go round - “Words that I sing, don’t mean anything..Christian Slater” - set up two verses about your typical college and high school girl problems. (After all the album is called #foamparty.) Although being 21 isn’t old, the flow and production here make me reminisce about those sweet underage freshman house parties that seem like forever go. So whether you are smoking one out or playing Beer Pong with bros, download #foamparty and let the good times take over.
Written by JRTheWriter on 07/5/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.