When Bubba Sparxxx burst onto the hip-hop scene in ’01, folks quickly labeled him as the countrified second coming of Eminem. However, when his highly-anticipated sophomore album, Deliverance, dropped in ’03, it faced a cold reception from consumers. As it turned out (and I’ll try to say this in as PC a way as possible), rap fans just weren’t interested in a white version of Eminem. Thus, he went back to the drawing board and successfully reinvented himself as a mainstream rapper with Ms. New Booty. She Got Me Like (Ahh Sh*t) is the next logical step in the Georgia artist’s carefully A&R-calculated career. Producer Poli Paul contributes a club-ready beat, while guest Ray J Ahh Sh*ts all over the admittedly catchy hook. If you dig Sparxxx’s new booty rap mentality, you’ll likely love She Got Me Like (Ahh Sh*t). The track will appear on his 4th LP, The Impolite Gentleman, due in January.
Written by Charlie E. on 09/1/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Beatin Down Da Block ft. Dirt Reynolds" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.