While today’s Booth lineup offers no shortage of upbeat, encouraging tunes (see Pugs Atomz’ live-with-no-regrets cut Faded and Parable‘s grind-chronicling That Feelin’), it’s been a minute since we’ve heard a straight-up motivational anthem. Here to fill that niche is Booth newcomer Bryant Dope with new single Live for Your Dreams. Previously featured on the Auto-Tune-drenched Dancing on Me, DJ Webstar stays behind the boards here, crafting a sweeping, alt-rock-informed instrumental as the rapper delivers his inspirational bars. On the back end, BK vet Talib Kweli takes center stage for a characteristically impressive guest verse, peppering his bars with intricate lines like opening couplet “Rollin’ through the back streets like I got beef / A carnival for the carnivores with the sharp teeth.” A sadly unknown female vocalist (can anyone I.D. her?) completes the lineup, contributing a powerful bridge and chorus. Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked – Bryant Dope has yet to announce details on the project to which this track is attached, but we’ll be sure to bring you all the latest!
Written by richard on 08/17/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.