Just about every modern-day urban producer has tried to record solo material of their own. Some projects have produced successful results (Lil’ Jon, Kanye, Pharrell, Timbo), while other projects can’t say the same (Swizzy, Mannie Fresh). Stepping up for the R&B producers is Bryan-Michael Cox, who tells the all-too familiar story of a man who’s been with oh-so-many women before finding Mrs. Right. Eager to retire from his playa’ days, Cox musters the overused (but always successful) line: “All I Want Is You.” While listeners will no doubt be wowed by Cox’s singing skill, his slowed-down then sped-up production style is what the industry has come to love from this musical master. Cox plans to release the first installment of his The Beautiful Life According to the Words and Sounds of BMC later this year.
Written by Burmy on 02/12/08
Submit your Rating
Blackbaby Recordings, Inc.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.