Indie R&B singer Bryan Ellis‘s last EP was, unfortunately, aptly named; a Cloud of Unknowing is exactly what’s surrounded it since its August release. Despite its own unwelcoming title, this fresh single (the artist’s first feature) should help the unjustly slept-on set get the attention it deserves. Project collaborator No I.D. handles production duties, cooking up a lush, keyboard-led beat whose intensity slowly builds over the cut’s four-minute running time. Over the Chi-town legend’s tension-fraught beat, Ellis encourages a woman not to put up with her man’s abuse, crooning, “It’s not a necessary pain… just Run Away.” An ear-pleasing jam tackling an important topic, this is just one of many quality cuts to be found on the artist’s latest project, out now online.
Written by richard on 12/5/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.