Indie R&B singer Bryan Ellis‘s last EP was, unfortunately, aptly named; a Cloud of Unknowing is exactly what’s surrounded it since its August release. Despite its own unwelcoming title, this fresh single (the artist’s first feature) should help the unjustly slept-on set get the attention it deserves. Project collaborator No I.D. handles production duties, cooking up a lush, keyboard-led beat whose intensity slowly builds over the cut’s four-minute running time. Over the Chi-town legend’s tension-fraught beat, Ellis encourages a woman not to put up with her man’s abuse, crooning, “It’s not a necessary pain… just Run Away.” An ear-pleasing jam tackling an important topic, this is just one of many quality cuts to be found on the artist’s latest project, out now online.
Written by richard on 12/5/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.