Thanks to a certain golfer’s now-legendary infidelities, sex addiction has become urban music’s lyrical theme du jour. In recent months, everyone from Maino to Ludacris has celebrated his Tiger-esque appetite for booty in song. With new single Sex-a-holic (Can’t Get Enough) (presented here in remixed form), R&B group Brutha present a new twist on the trendy topic: as Anthony, Jared, Jacob, Papa and Grady soulfully explain over Eric Hudson‘s catchy, harp-laced boardwork, it’s one particular woman’s brand of sex-a-hol that has them hooked. Jadakiss can clearly relate – handling guest duties on this version of the record, the D-Block emcee spends his closing verse describing the girl who has him constantly fiending for more “Tank top on, jeans lookin’ like she’s bustin’ em / Manicure, pedicure, both airbrush on em…” So, readers, is this track as addictive as the woman (women?) in question? Fans should keep it locked for the latest on Brutha’s sophomore LP, Vacancy , which has yet to receive a release date.
Written by richard on 06/1/10
Island Def Jam/Goodfellas Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Can't Hear the Music ft. Fabolous" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.