Thanks to a certain golfer’s now-legendary infidelities, sex addiction has become urban music’s lyrical theme du jour. In recent months, everyone from Maino to Ludacris has celebrated his Tiger-esque appetite for booty in song. With new single Sex-a-holic (Can’t Get Enough) (presented here in remixed form), R&B group Brutha present a new twist on the trendy topic: as Anthony, Jared, Jacob, Papa and Grady soulfully explain over Eric Hudson‘s catchy, harp-laced boardwork, it’s one particular woman’s brand of sex-a-hol that has them hooked. Jadakiss can clearly relate – handling guest duties on this version of the record, the D-Block emcee spends his closing verse describing the girl who has him constantly fiending for more “Tank top on, jeans lookin’ like she’s bustin’ em / Manicure, pedicure, both airbrush on em…” So, readers, is this track as addictive as the woman (women?) in question? Fans should keep it locked for the latest on Brutha’s sophomore LP, Vacancy , which has yet to receive a release date.
Written by richard on 06/1/10
Submit your Rating
Island Def Jam/Goodfellas Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Can't Hear the Music ft. Fabolous" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.