Thanks to a certain golfer’s now-legendary infidelities, sex addiction has become urban music’s lyrical theme du jour. In recent months, everyone from Maino to Ludacris has celebrated his Tiger-esque appetite for booty in song. With new single Sex-a-holic (Can’t Get Enough) (presented here in remixed form), R&B group Brutha present a new twist on the trendy topic: as Anthony, Jared, Jacob, Papa and Grady soulfully explain over Eric Hudson‘s catchy, harp-laced boardwork, it’s one particular woman’s brand of sex-a-hol that has them hooked. Jadakiss can clearly relate – handling guest duties on this version of the record, the D-Block emcee spends his closing verse describing the girl who has him constantly fiending for more “Tank top on, jeans lookin’ like she’s bustin’ em / Manicure, pedicure, both airbrush on em…” So, readers, is this track as addictive as the woman (women?) in question? Fans should keep it locked for the latest on Brutha’s sophomore LP, Vacancy , which has yet to receive a release date.
Island Def Jam/Goodfellas Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Can't Hear the Music ft. Fabolous" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.