Thanks to a certain golfer’s now-legendary infidelities, sex addiction has become urban music’s lyrical theme du jour. In recent months, everyone from Maino to Ludacris has celebrated his Tiger-esque appetite for booty in song. With new single Sex-a-holic (Can’t Get Enough) (presented here in remixed form), R&B group Brutha present a new twist on the trendy topic: as Anthony, Jared, Jacob, Papa and Grady soulfully explain over Eric Hudson‘s catchy, harp-laced boardwork, it’s one particular woman’s brand of sex-a-hol that has them hooked. Jadakiss can clearly relate – handling guest duties on this version of the record, the D-Block emcee spends his closing verse describing the girl who has him constantly fiending for more “Tank top on, jeans lookin’ like she’s bustin’ em / Manicure, pedicure, both airbrush on em…” So, readers, is this track as addictive as the woman (women?) in question? Fans should keep it locked for the latest on Brutha’s sophomore LP, Vacancy , which has yet to receive a release date.
Written by richard on 06/1/10
Submit your Rating
Island Def Jam/Goodfellas Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Can't Hear the Music ft. Fabolous" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.