Since ‘05, Def Jam has been a launching pad for “We Got Next” artists looking to become “Industry Heavyweights.” In the meantime, various artists have jockeyed for position, fighting to become the brand’s “next big thing,” the most current being R&B “boy band” Brutha. While you’ll be seeing plenty more of Grady, Anthony, Jared, Jake, and Cheyan this November, thanks to their upcoming self-titled BET reality show, we thought we’d give you a first look at the Jam’s potential next big thing. On their debut single, it seems the quintet is so focused on their respective ladies that no matter how loud it’s being played, they Can’t Hear the Music being spun. Joining the fellas are labelmate Fabolous and frequent label producer Elvis “BlacElvis” Williams, who both add their swagger to the record. The group’s self-titled debut is set to drop on December 9.
Written by Burmy on 10/13/08
Submit your Rating
Island Def Jam/Goodfellas Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Day on This Earth" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.