Since ‘05, Def Jam has been a launching pad for “We Got Next” artists looking to become “Industry Heavyweights.” In the meantime, various artists have jockeyed for position, fighting to become the brand’s “next big thing,” the most current being R&B “boy band” Brutha. While you’ll be seeing plenty more of Grady, Anthony, Jared, Jake, and Cheyan this November, thanks to their upcoming self-titled BET reality show, we thought we’d give you a first look at the Jam’s potential next big thing. On their debut single, it seems the quintet is so focused on their respective ladies that no matter how loud it’s being played, they Can’t Hear the Music being spun. Joining the fellas are labelmate Fabolous and frequent label producer Elvis “BlacElvis” Williams, who both add their swagger to the record. The group’s self-titled debut is set to drop on December 9.
Written by Burmy on 10/13/08
Island Def Jam/Goodfellas Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Day on This Earth" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.