Since ‘05, Def Jam has been a launching pad for “We Got Next” artists looking to become “Industry Heavyweights.” In the meantime, various artists have jockeyed for position, fighting to become the brand’s “next big thing,” the most current being R&B “boy band” Brutha. While you’ll be seeing plenty more of Grady, Anthony, Jared, Jake, and Cheyan this November, thanks to their upcoming self-titled BET reality show, we thought we’d give you a first look at the Jam’s potential next big thing. On their debut single, it seems the quintet is so focused on their respective ladies that no matter how loud it’s being played, they Can’t Hear the Music being spun. Joining the fellas are labelmate Fabolous and frequent label producer Elvis “BlacElvis” Williams, who both add their swagger to the record. The group’s self-titled debut is set to drop on December 9.
Written by Burmy on 10/13/08
Submit your Rating
Island Def Jam/Goodfellas Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Day on This Earth" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.