Since ‘05, Def Jam has been a launching pad for “We Got Next” artists looking to become “Industry Heavyweights.” In the meantime, various artists have jockeyed for position, fighting to become the brand’s “next big thing,” the most current being R&B “boy band” Brutha. While you’ll be seeing plenty more of Grady, Anthony, Jared, Jake, and Cheyan this November, thanks to their upcoming self-titled BET reality show, we thought we’d give you a first look at the Jam’s potential next big thing. On their debut single, it seems the quintet is so focused on their respective ladies that no matter how loud it’s being played, they Can’t Hear the Music being spun. Joining the fellas are labelmate Fabolous and frequent label producer Elvis “BlacElvis” Williams, who both add their swagger to the record. The group’s self-titled debut is set to drop on December 9.
Written by Burmy on 10/13/08
Island Def Jam/Goodfellas Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One Day on This Earth" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)