In addition to being a famous singer, Bruno Mars is also quite the entrepreneur; the hitmaker recently made a small investment with the ever-popular e-cigarette company NJOY. The public endorsement makes even more sense, though, when you hear Mars’ smokin’ hot new video single Treasure. (Please don’t let my truly awful, corny joke take away from Bruno’s thoroughly enjoyable effort.) Backed by a funky, bass driven instrumental from his production/songwriting group The Smeezingtons, the Hawaii native goes old old school, giving an energetic, catchy performance that would make the likes of Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, and Earth Wind & Fire proud; especially since the fuzzy visuals look like they were shot in the late 70s. Lucikly, you won’t need a map to find Bruno’s Treasure, which can be found on his currently-available sophomore album, Unorthodox Jukebox.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing on You" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.