For those who think Bruno Mars is strictly a pop artist, you might want to reconsider that assessment thanks to potential new single, Natalie. Sure, the latest featured effort from Mars’ sophomore album still has his undeniably catchy vibe, but the Hawaiian crooner deviates just slightly from his normal upbeat, breezy style to an addictively darker mood. Mars’ production team The Smeezingtons and co-producer Benny Blanco craft a clapping beat over which Mars vows to get revenge on a scheming girl named Natalie. In addition to the overcast tone, Mars also flexes his artistic muscle, showing some serious fire with a powerful vocal performance. Mars’ new album, Unorthodox Jukebox which hosts #1 single Locked Out of Heaven, is available now.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing on You" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.