If you watched the Grammys like I did (on delay, shouts to YouTube), you might have caught the performance of a man who goes by the name of Bruno Mars. I’ve been a fan of the Hawaiian crooner since his Nothing on You hit with B.o.B., and even picked up a copy of Doo-Wops & Hooligans, but it was his performance that night that made me think, “Damn, that guy’s really good.” Riding high off his Grammy-nominated debut album, Mars has decided to push the aptly-titled The Lazy Song as his third single; nice choice. The best ode to doing nothing since Seinfeld, the song is light, upbeat (thanks to more great production work from his production crew The Smeezingtons), and highlights Mars’ vocal range and ability for crooning humorous one liners: “Meet a really nice girl and have some really nice sex.” With all the man has going for him, it doesn’t look like there’s any slowing down for Mars anytime soon. Which is great for those who like good music – and if you don’t like good music, you’re probably not on DJBooth anyway.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing on You" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!