If you watched the Grammys like I did (on delay, shouts to YouTube), you might have caught the performance of a man who goes by the name of Bruno Mars. I’ve been a fan of the Hawaiian crooner since his Nothing on You hit with B.o.B., and even picked up a copy of Doo-Wops & Hooligans, but it was his performance that night that made me think, “Damn, that guy’s really good.” Riding high off his Grammy-nominated debut album, Mars has decided to push the aptly-titled The Lazy Song as his third single; nice choice. The best ode to doing nothing since Seinfeld, the song is light, upbeat (thanks to more great production work from his production crew The Smeezingtons), and highlights Mars’ vocal range and ability for crooning humorous one liners: “Meet a really nice girl and have some really nice sex.” With all the man has going for him, it doesn’t look like there’s any slowing down for Mars anytime soon. Which is great for those who like good music – and if you don’t like good music, you’re probably not on DJBooth anyway.
Written by Sigurd on 02/17/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing on You" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.