If you watched the Grammys like I did (on delay, shouts to YouTube), you might have caught the performance of a man who goes by the name of Bruno Mars. I’ve been a fan of the Hawaiian crooner since his Nothing on You hit with B.o.B., and even picked up a copy of Doo-Wops & Hooligans, but it was his performance that night that made me think, “Damn, that guy’s really good.” Riding high off his Grammy-nominated debut album, Mars has decided to push the aptly-titled The Lazy Song as his third single; nice choice. The best ode to doing nothing since Seinfeld, the song is light, upbeat (thanks to more great production work from his production crew The Smeezingtons), and highlights Mars’ vocal range and ability for crooning humorous one liners: “Meet a really nice girl and have some really nice sex.” With all the man has going for him, it doesn’t look like there’s any slowing down for Mars anytime soon. Which is great for those who like good music – and if you don’t like good music, you’re probably not on DJBooth anyway.
Written by Sigurd on 02/17/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing on You" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.