If you watched the Grammys like I did (on delay, shouts to YouTube), you might have caught the performance of a man who goes by the name of Bruno Mars. I’ve been a fan of the Hawaiian crooner since his Nothing on You hit with B.o.B., and even picked up a copy of Doo-Wops & Hooligans, but it was his performance that night that made me think, “Damn, that guy’s really good.” Riding high off his Grammy-nominated debut album, Mars has decided to push the aptly-titled The Lazy Song as his third single; nice choice. The best ode to doing nothing since Seinfeld, the song is light, upbeat (thanks to more great production work from his production crew The Smeezingtons), and highlights Mars’ vocal range and ability for crooning humorous one liners: “Meet a really nice girl and have some really nice sex.” With all the man has going for him, it doesn’t look like there’s any slowing down for Mars anytime soon. Which is great for those who like good music – and if you don’t like good music, you’re probably not on DJBooth anyway.
Written by Sigurd on 02/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing on You" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.