Unfortunately, according to Reuters, singer/songwriter/rising star Bruno Mars was arrested for illegal drug possession in Las Vegas Sunday night. Lucky for y’all, I flew out to Vegas to investigate. The verdict? Police had confiscated the vinyl for Mars’ intoxicating hit single, Just the Way You Are. Just kidding. But seriously, when I heard Just The Way You Are’s official remix with Lupe Fiasco, I felt like these musicians made an already addictive record even more impossible to put down. This mid-tempo ballad, produced by The Smeezingtons, remains almost entirely intact for the remix, as do Bruno’s velvet smooth vocals, which bounce between seductive whispers to powerful croons about loving a significant other despite any flaws they may have. Oh, and as for Lupe Fiasco’s part in this, the Chicago native’s thought provoking rhymes make this heartfelt song feel more intimate, but is it even better than the original? If you like this, then make sure to purchase more musical narcotics on Mars’ upcoming, somewhat strangely titled album Doo-Wops and Hooligans, due out October 5.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 09/20/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing on You" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)