Unfortunately, according to Reuters, singer/songwriter/rising star Bruno Mars was arrested for illegal drug possession in Las Vegas Sunday night. Lucky for y’all, I flew out to Vegas to investigate. The verdict? Police had confiscated the vinyl for Mars’ intoxicating hit single, Just the Way You Are. Just kidding. But seriously, when I heard Just The Way You Are’s official remix with Lupe Fiasco, I felt like these musicians made an already addictive record even more impossible to put down. This mid-tempo ballad, produced by The Smeezingtons, remains almost entirely intact for the remix, as do Bruno’s velvet smooth vocals, which bounce between seductive whispers to powerful croons about loving a significant other despite any flaws they may have. Oh, and as for Lupe Fiasco’s part in this, the Chicago native’s thought provoking rhymes make this heartfelt song feel more intimate, but is it even better than the original? If you like this, then make sure to purchase more musical narcotics on Mars’ upcoming, somewhat strangely titled album Doo-Wops and Hooligans, due out October 5.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing on You" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.