Unfortunately, according to Reuters, singer/songwriter/rising star Bruno Mars was arrested for illegal drug possession in Las Vegas Sunday night. Lucky for y’all, I flew out to Vegas to investigate. The verdict? Police had confiscated the vinyl for Mars’ intoxicating hit single, Just the Way You Are. Just kidding. But seriously, when I heard Just The Way You Are’s official remix with Lupe Fiasco, I felt like these musicians made an already addictive record even more impossible to put down. This mid-tempo ballad, produced by The Smeezingtons, remains almost entirely intact for the remix, as do Bruno’s velvet smooth vocals, which bounce between seductive whispers to powerful croons about loving a significant other despite any flaws they may have. Oh, and as for Lupe Fiasco’s part in this, the Chicago native’s thought provoking rhymes make this heartfelt song feel more intimate, but is it even better than the original? If you like this, then make sure to purchase more musical narcotics on Mars’ upcoming, somewhat strangely titled album Doo-Wops and Hooligans, due out October 5.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 09/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing on You" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)