With a name like the “Brown Bag AllStars,” these guys must really love packing lunches, right? Well, if by “lunches” you mean malt liquor and by “packing” you mean drinking, then yeah, that would be pretty much accurate. Judging by their first Booth feature, The League of Intoxicated Gentlemen (S.2 Remix), the N.Y.C. crew are all about alcohol, hard-hitting rhymes, and did I mention boozing it up? Backed by beatsmith S.2‘s tension-fraught electric-guitar production, the emcees combine their powers “like a drunken Voltron,” delivering two-fisted verses laced with lyrically aggressive trash talk. The resulting concoction may be too strong for the faint of heart (faint of… ear?), but those who can handle raw, one-hundred proof underground hip-hop will likely find this joint to their taste. If you fall into that category, you can find LoIG, along with a similarly intoxicating remix by Booth-acclaimed beatsmith M-Phazes, on digital 12” The Down Under Remixes, available now from iTunes.
Listen to More: Brown Bag All-Stars Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Agenda" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.