With a name like the “Brown Bag AllStars,” these guys must really love packing lunches, right? Well, if by “lunches” you mean malt liquor and by “packing” you mean drinking, then yeah, that would be pretty much accurate. Judging by their first Booth feature, The League of Intoxicated Gentlemen (S.2 Remix), the N.Y.C. crew are all about alcohol, hard-hitting rhymes, and did I mention boozing it up? Backed by beatsmith S.2‘s tension-fraught electric-guitar production, the emcees combine their powers “like a drunken Voltron,” delivering two-fisted verses laced with lyrically aggressive trash talk. The resulting concoction may be too strong for the faint of heart (faint of… ear?), but those who can handle raw, one-hundred proof underground hip-hop will likely find this joint to their taste. If you fall into that category, you can find LoIG, along with a similarly intoxicating remix by Booth-acclaimed beatsmith M-Phazes, on digital 12” The Down Under Remixes, available now from iTunes.
Written by richard on 05/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Agenda" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.