With a name like the “Brown Bag AllStars,” these guys must really love packing lunches, right? Well, if by “lunches” you mean malt liquor and by “packing” you mean drinking, then yeah, that would be pretty much accurate. Judging by their first Booth feature, The League of Intoxicated Gentlemen (S.2 Remix), the N.Y.C. crew are all about alcohol, hard-hitting rhymes, and did I mention boozing it up? Backed by beatsmith S.2‘s tension-fraught electric-guitar production, the emcees combine their powers “like a drunken Voltron,” delivering two-fisted verses laced with lyrically aggressive trash talk. The resulting concoction may be too strong for the faint of heart (faint of… ear?), but those who can handle raw, one-hundred proof underground hip-hop will likely find this joint to their taste. If you fall into that category, you can find LoIG, along with a similarly intoxicating remix by Booth-acclaimed beatsmith M-Phazes, on digital 12” The Down Under Remixes, available now from iTunes.
Listen to More: Brown Bag All-Stars
Written by richard on 05/5/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Agenda" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.