Though boozing it up is a high priority for the Brown Bag AllStars, it takes more than a taste for the sauce to keep up with these Intoxicated Gentlemen; on their latest feature, one of two cuts recorded for 2Dope‘s latest compilation mixtape, the NYC crew reveal some of the other items on The Agenda: womanizing, terminating those who get in their way – oh, and coming up with some of the hardest-hitting punchlines I’ve heard in a minute. Over J57‘s sparse, gritty sample work, the All-Stars drop lyrical gems that range from the genuinely controversial (“I never rock over 808s voluntarily / and those who chose to do so, you embarrass me”) to the downright ridiculous (as in, name-dropping Phil Collins’ Sussudio). If you find this unapologetically underground joint to your taste, you’ll undoubtedly find plenty more to your liking on the Dallas Penn-hosted, DJ Slim-mixed A (2)Dope Mixtape: Empire State Ed., which has yet to receive a solid release date – as always, keep it locked for the latest!
Written by richard on 07/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"League of Intoxicated Gentlemen (S.2 Remix)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.