Some folks drop tracks daily and projects weekly as quantity takes priority over quality. Not Brother Ali. He’s one of those emcees that’s deliberate in what he releases and when. As Ali says right from the beginning on his new release Writer’s Block, he’s not trying to be one of those dudes that makes hundreds of new songs and ain’t none of them good. With Jake One on production, he talks doubt, family life, his process and more, and because it’s been a minute since the last Brother Ali track (2010’s Breaking Dawn Boys, you find yourself taking in every word and appreciating each verse. This dope cut is off the upcoming Mourning In America and Dreaming In Color, a joint project with Jake One.
Written by ThroatChopU on 01/3/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Truth ft. Freeway & Brother Ali" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)