Some folks drop tracks daily and projects weekly as quantity takes priority over quality. Not Brother Ali. He’s one of those emcees that’s deliberate in what he releases and when. As Ali says right from the beginning on his new release Writer’s Block, he’s not trying to be one of those dudes that makes hundreds of new songs and ain’t none of them good. With Jake One on production, he talks doubt, family life, his process and more, and because it’s been a minute since the last Brother Ali track (2010’s Breaking Dawn Boys, you find yourself taking in every word and appreciating each verse. This dope cut is off the upcoming Mourning In America and Dreaming In Color, a joint project with Jake One.
Written by ThroatChopU on 01/3/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Truth ft. Freeway & Brother Ali" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.