Some folks drop tracks daily and projects weekly as quantity takes priority over quality. Not Brother Ali. He’s one of those emcees that’s deliberate in what he releases and when. As Ali says right from the beginning on his new release Writer’s Block, he’s not trying to be one of those dudes that makes hundreds of new songs and ain’t none of them good. With Jake One on production, he talks doubt, family life, his process and more, and because it’s been a minute since the last Brother Ali track (2010’s Breaking Dawn Boys, you find yourself taking in every word and appreciating each verse. This dope cut is off the upcoming Mourning In America and Dreaming In Color, a joint project with Jake One.
Written by ThroatChopU on 01/3/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Truth ft. Freeway & Brother Ali" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.