Though the Dr. Dre and Jay-Z-assisted Three Kings won more than respectable reader reviews when it made its impact in the Booth in late July, attentive listens may have noticed that there was a little something missing from the cut. Namely Brother Ali, who reveals himself as the underappreciated, but equally dope 4th King on a newly-released freestyle over Jake One‘s lush, sampled beat. Ali stans can look forward to more underground flames on fifth full-length Mourning in America and Dreaming in Color, set to hit The DJBooth September 18, for free streaming and digital purchase. (click here to check out the project’s latest single and title track!) Ricky Rozay fiends, on the other hand, can get their fill of swanky bangers on the Maybach Music bawse’s God Forgives, I Don’t LP, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Truth ft. Freeway & Brother Ali" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.