Though the Dr. Dre and Jay-Z-assisted Three Kings won more than respectable reader reviews when it made its impact in the Booth in late July, attentive listens may have noticed that there was a little something missing from the cut. Namely Brother Ali, who reveals himself as the underappreciated, but equally dope 4th King on a newly-released freestyle over Jake One‘s lush, sampled beat. Ali stans can look forward to more underground flames on fifth full-length Mourning in America and Dreaming in Color, set to hit The DJBooth September 18, for free streaming and digital purchase. (click here to check out the project’s latest single and title track!) Ricky Rozay fiends, on the other hand, can get their fill of swanky bangers on the Maybach Music bawse’s God Forgives, I Don’t LP, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Truth ft. Freeway & Brother Ali" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.