One fateful Saturday morning, five teenagers from diverse social circles came together for detention at Shermer High School. While their differences were stark, they discovered they had one thing in common: a knack for murdering microphones. Oh—what’s that? BRKF$T CLUB aren’t high school students? And there are seven of them? Well, f**k, so much for that origin story. Though Julian Malone, Calez, Fonz-E Mak, Johnny St. Cloud, Legit, UG and Sani don’t actually have all that much in common with the cast of John Hughes’ 1985 teen classic, they do have chemistry to rival The Brat Pack, as evidenced by newly-released promo single The Fellowship. Malone and Sani man the boards on this left-of-center ensemble banger, flipping a sax-laced sample into a bluesy backdrop for bars jam-packed with inventive braggadocio and allusive wit. The result is a little like sitting down for an impromptu cipher with seven of your most talented homies—a sensation which is heightened by the crew’s own That ‘70s Show-esque visuals. While BRKF$T CLUB have yet to announce plans for a project, those digging their debut can stay tuned for the latest from this promising posse.
Written by richard on 04/23/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.