One fateful Saturday morning, five teenagers from diverse social circles came together for detention at Shermer High School. While their differences were stark, they discovered they had one thing in common: a knack for murdering microphones. Oh—what’s that? BRKF$T CLUB aren’t high school students? And there are seven of them? Well, f**k, so much for that origin story. Though Julian Malone, Calez, Fonz-E Mak, Johnny St. Cloud, Legit, UG and Sani don’t actually have all that much in common with the cast of John Hughes’ 1985 teen classic, they do have chemistry to rival The Brat Pack, as evidenced by newly-released promo single The Fellowship. Malone and Sani man the boards on this left-of-center ensemble banger, flipping a sax-laced sample into a bluesy backdrop for bars jam-packed with inventive braggadocio and allusive wit. The result is a little like sitting down for an impromptu cipher with seven of your most talented homies—a sensation which is heightened by the crew’s own That ‘70s Show-esque visuals. While BRKF$T CLUB have yet to announce plans for a project, those digging their debut can stay tuned for the latest from this promising posse.
Written by richard on 04/23/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.