Britni Elise has been involved in the music business for much of her life, performing across her hometown of Cleveland in two R&B trios. After both groups broke up, Britni set off on her own, eventually signing a deal as the flagship artist of former Major League Baseball All-Star Kenny Lofton’s K-Lo Entertainment. Despite her newfound national success, Britni’s not about to abandon her soulful roots. On her latest single, Britni pays tribute to a man who keeps her Satisfied (and then some) over a ‘90s/early-‘00s-style instrumental by Charles Farrar (who also co-wrote the single). Needless to say, this smooth cut is sure to strike a chord with fans of classic R&B (myself included). If you fall into that category, you’re in for a treat when Elise’s currently-untitled debut album hits online retailers (and a few record stores) this July.
Written by Burmy on 05/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hello (So Damn Right for Me)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.