It has taken six long years to arrive, but the time has come for British female duo Brit & Alex to make their mark on America. The identical twins, whose debut album will be produced in full by Dallas Austin (TLC, Janet) and Tricky Stewart (Rihanna, The-Dream), recently placed their first single, Let It Go, on the loaded soundtrack to Step Up 2: The Streets. The song is produced by Neff U and is “the story of a girl on the outside looking in, wondering ‘where do I go from here?’” according to Brittany. While their sound is primarily pop, the ladies have a distinct urban edge courtesy of their fitting production. Never have a frog’s “ribbits” sounded so cool.
Written by DJ Z on 02/4/08
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.