It has taken six long years to arrive, but the time has come for British female duo Brit & Alex to make their mark on America. The identical twins, whose debut album will be produced in full by Dallas Austin (TLC, Janet) and Tricky Stewart (Rihanna, The-Dream), recently placed their first single, Let It Go, on the loaded soundtrack to Step Up 2: The Streets. The song is produced by Neff U and is “the story of a girl on the outside looking in, wondering ‘where do I go from here?’” according to Brittany. While their sound is primarily pop, the ladies have a distinct urban edge courtesy of their fitting production. Never have a frog’s “ribbits” sounded so cool.
Written by DJ Z on 02/4/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.