It has taken six long years to arrive, but the time has come for British female duo Brit & Alex to make their mark on America. The identical twins, whose debut album will be produced in full by Dallas Austin (TLC, Janet) and Tricky Stewart (Rihanna, The-Dream), recently placed their first single, Let It Go, on the loaded soundtrack to Step Up 2: The Streets. The song is produced by Neff U and is “the story of a girl on the outside looking in, wondering ‘where do I go from here?’” according to Brittany. While their sound is primarily pop, the ladies have a distinct urban edge courtesy of their fitting production. Never have a frog’s “ribbits” sounded so cool.
Written by DJ Z on 02/4/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.