It has taken six long years to arrive, but the time has come for British female duo Brit & Alex to make their mark on America. The identical twins, whose debut album will be produced in full by Dallas Austin (TLC, Janet) and Tricky Stewart (Rihanna, The-Dream), recently placed their first single, Let It Go, on the loaded soundtrack to Step Up 2: The Streets. The song is produced by Neff U and is “the story of a girl on the outside looking in, wondering ‘where do I go from here?’” according to Brittany. While their sound is primarily pop, the ladies have a distinct urban edge courtesy of their fitting production. Never have a frog’s “ribbits” sounded so cool.
Written by DJ Z on 02/4/08
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.