It has taken six long years to arrive, but the time has come for British female duo Brit & Alex to make their mark on America. The identical twins, whose debut album will be produced in full by Dallas Austin (TLC, Janet) and Tricky Stewart (Rihanna, The-Dream), recently placed their first single, Let It Go, on the loaded soundtrack to Step Up 2: The Streets. The song is produced by Neff U and is “the story of a girl on the outside looking in, wondering ‘where do I go from here?’” according to Brittany. While their sound is primarily pop, the ladies have a distinct urban edge courtesy of their fitting production. Never have a frog’s “ribbits” sounded so cool.
Written by DJ Z on 02/4/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.