Seeing that “off the wall” means “wild and crazy”, you’d assume that a song titled On the Wall would be completely straight-laced and boring, right? Well, turns out you’d be assuming wrong. In reality, the lead single off Brisco‘s long-delayed debut finds the Floridian emcee paying tribute to a shawty who threw him up against the wall for more effective grinding. Over Jovii Hendrix‘s exotically chill, club-ready instrumental, the Opa Locka representative describes the steamy encounter in loving detail, and the currently-incarcerated Weezy dusts off the Auto-Tune to gargle his way through an intoxicating chorus and guest verse. After what feels like like an eternity of push-backs, will On the Wall be the cut that ensures Brisco’s long-suffering fans get the Street Medicine they so urgently need? We won’t know for sure until this summer when the album is set to finally arrive on store shelves – in the meantime, keep your fingers crossed and your browsers locked on the Booth!
Written by richard on 03/29/10
Submit your Rating
Poe Boy/Cash Money/Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Into That" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.