Seeing that “off the wall” means “wild and crazy”, you’d assume that a song titled On the Wall would be completely straight-laced and boring, right? Well, turns out you’d be assuming wrong. In reality, the lead single off Brisco‘s long-delayed debut finds the Floridian emcee paying tribute to a shawty who threw him up against the wall for more effective grinding. Over Jovii Hendrix‘s exotically chill, club-ready instrumental, the Opa Locka representative describes the steamy encounter in loving detail, and the currently-incarcerated Weezy dusts off the Auto-Tune to gargle his way through an intoxicating chorus and guest verse. After what feels like like an eternity of push-backs, will On the Wall be the cut that ensures Brisco’s long-suffering fans get the Street Medicine they so urgently need? We won’t know for sure until this summer when the album is set to finally arrive on store shelves – in the meantime, keep your fingers crossed and your browsers locked on the Booth!
Written by richard on 03/29/10
Poe Boy/Cash Money/Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Into That" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)