In the past, Brisco‘s exhibited a taste for beef, most notably with former Poe Boy Ent. labelmate Jacki-O (because of her comments about the label) and Yung Berg (because of his comments about Brisco’s album being “pushed back like Flo Rida‘s hairline”). Over a beat by the aptly-named J. Venom, the emcee goes all-out, warning all who would oppose him to Step Back and describing the gruesome consequences that await those who fail to do so. For those who want more method to the madness, Joe Budden brings a little lyricism to the record’s goonplay. From the business side, Budden has another advantage over Brisco: while his long-awaited sophomore album, Padded Room, will finally be released on February 24, there is no release date in sight for Brisco’s debut album, Street Medicine.
Written by Burmy on 01/11/09
Submit your Rating
Poe Boy/Cash Money/Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where You From" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.