Barack Obama signed the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act into law way back in March, but Brisco fans are still being deprived of the Street Medicine they so desperately need. While I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a hip-hop reform bill that’ll make album delays a thing of the past, a hit single might be a more immediate solution to the Miami native’s pushback problem. Enter Stay Here Tonight, a crossover appeal-courting cut which finds Brisco giving listeners a guided tour of the mean streets where he spent his formative years. Mr. Beats’ light, synth-driven boardwork may seem an unlikely match for the emcee’s gritty lyricism (“Yellow tape blockin’ the streets, crime scene / four n*ggas shot three dead for the time being…”), but they manage to make the combo work with a little help from Young Money axe-slinger Kevin Rudolf, who ties the record together with some angstfully catchy hook vocals. As mentioned above, the artist’s debut full-length still suffers from no-release-date-itis. Is Stay Here the cure? That’s for you to tell me, and all of us to find out.
Written by richard on 10/21/10
Submit your Rating
Poe Boy/Cash Money/Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Into That" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.