Having gone a long time without any of the Brisco‘s patented brand of Street Medicine, Booth readers are likely beginning to feel a little weak. If that’s the case, you can breathe a sigh of relief; not a moment too soon, the Floridian native is back to administer another dose! On the latest street single off his long-awaited debut studio album, Brisco updates us on his mindstate – in a few words, he’s feeling “So Roxy.” While I’m not clear on precisely what it means to be ‘roxy,’ it’s clear the rapper’s in high spirits. Backed by All Stars’ bass-heavy,street-ready synth boardwork, he attacks the mic as ferociously as ever, mixing hard-nosed, paper-stacking rhymes with oddball references to menstruation, musicals and family films (“Feed me, feed me, b*tch you Seymour/ Fans can’t find me; b*tch I’m Nemo!”). If this street single leaves you craving more new tunes from the original Opa-locka goon, keep it locked to the Booth for the latest on his Street Medicine LP, currently set to drop sometime in 2010.
Written by richard on 12/14/09
Submit your Rating
Poe Boy/Cash Money/Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where You From" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.