Having gone a long time without any of the Brisco‘s patented brand of Street Medicine, Booth readers are likely beginning to feel a little weak. If that’s the case, you can breathe a sigh of relief; not a moment too soon, the Floridian native is back to administer another dose! On the latest street single off his long-awaited debut studio album, Brisco updates us on his mindstate – in a few words, he’s feeling “So Roxy.” While I’m not clear on precisely what it means to be ‘roxy,’ it’s clear the rapper’s in high spirits. Backed by All Stars’ bass-heavy,street-ready synth boardwork, he attacks the mic as ferociously as ever, mixing hard-nosed, paper-stacking rhymes with oddball references to menstruation, musicals and family films (“Feed me, feed me, b*tch you Seymour/ Fans can’t find me; b*tch I’m Nemo!”). If this street single leaves you craving more new tunes from the original Opa-locka goon, keep it locked to the Booth for the latest on his Street Medicine LP, currently set to drop sometime in 2010.
Written by richard on 12/14/09
Submit your Rating
Poe Boy/Cash Money/Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where You From" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.