Having gone a long time without any of the Brisco‘s patented brand of Street Medicine, Booth readers are likely beginning to feel a little weak. If that’s the case, you can breathe a sigh of relief; not a moment too soon, the Floridian native is back to administer another dose! On the latest street single off his long-awaited debut studio album, Brisco updates us on his mindstate – in a few words, he’s feeling “So Roxy.” While I’m not clear on precisely what it means to be ‘roxy,’ it’s clear the rapper’s in high spirits. Backed by All Stars’ bass-heavy,street-ready synth boardwork, he attacks the mic as ferociously as ever, mixing hard-nosed, paper-stacking rhymes with oddball references to menstruation, musicals and family films (“Feed me, feed me, b*tch you Seymour/ Fans can’t find me; b*tch I’m Nemo!”). If this street single leaves you craving more new tunes from the original Opa-locka goon, keep it locked to the Booth for the latest on his Street Medicine LP, currently set to drop sometime in 2010.
Written by richard on 12/14/09
Submit your Rating
Poe Boy/Cash Money/Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Into That" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.