The latest of many artists to leave Cash Money Records, Brisco‘s hoping this new potential single will help attract brand new distribution for his forthcoming album, Street Medicine As he did on the ultra-catchy Just Know Dat (eight months later, it’s still in my head), the Opa Locka native calls on two of his heavyweight connects to create a 305 anthem. Though Brisco knows that “You Know What I’m Talkin’ Bout,” he drives the point home with a flash of his cash. Labelmate Flo Rida contributes a confident hook, and Busta expands on the “recession-proof” theme in his guest verse. Mizzle backs the trio’s stunting with a thumping beat best experienced with 18s in your car trunk. Brisco’s clearly confident that he can maintain his high-rolling lifestyle in any economy; the question is, will the labels be convinced?
Written by Burmy on 05/7/09
Submit your Rating
Poe Boy/Cash Money/Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where You From" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.